0113 343 8905
Summary: I am a Senior Epidemiologist with expertise in advanced analytical techniques applied to large scale healthcare data. I currently have a particular focus and interest in Cardiovascular Survivorship.
Location: Level 11, Worsley Building
- BSc in Mathematics, University of Sheffield.
- MSc in Statistics, University of Sheffield.
- PhD in Paediatric Cancer Epidemiology, University of Leeds.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, University of Leeds.
- University of Leeds Teaching and Research Award (ULTRA) (30-credit MSc Qualification).
I am a Senior Epidemiologist and Wellcome Trust Fellow with expertise in advanced analytical techniques applied to electronic healthcare data. I have a keen interest in working with large complex clinical datasets, applying advanced methodologies including multiple imputation, multilevel modelling, and advanced survival techniques such as flexible parametric survival modelling and relative survival. I have a particular focus and interest in Cardiovascular Survivorship and work with a range of national and local data such as the Myocardial Ischaemia National Audit Project, hospital episode statistics (HES) data and primary care data.
I am currently a Sir Henry Wellcome Fellow funded by the Wellcome Trust to investigate the healthcare utilisation and clinical outcomes among survivors of acute myocardial infraction using electronic health record data.
I have previously worked in Paediatric Cancer Epidemiology, primarily working with data from the Yorkshire Specialist Register of Cancer in Children and Young People linked to HES data.
Postgraduate Research Supervision
Please contact me directly about potential PhD opportunities in the area of cardiovascular survivorship epidemiology.
A list of current and past postgraduate research students and projects are listed below:
- Chris Wilkinson, MD - Cardiovascular outcomes and prognosis in older people with frailty: a cohort study using electronic health records. Part time, started September 2017.
- Oliver Todd, PhD - Dunhill Medical Trust PhD Fellowship in Optimising blood pressure management for older people with frailty. Full time, started October 2017.
- Tatendashe Bernadette Dondo, PhD - Quality of care and clinical outcomes following Acute Myocardial Infarction: High resolution investigation using electronic health record data. Part Time, started September 2015.
- Owen Bebb, MD - Acute Myocardial Infarction: An evaluation of good quality of care and outcomes, Part Time, started September 2015
- Arwa AlThumairi, PhD - Describing variation in hospital activity following completion of treatment for childhood and adolescent cancer in Yorkshire and the impact on survival. Full Time, completed February 2017.
- Christopher D. Lethaby, MD - Time to diagnosis of cancer in children and young adults in secondary care services. Full Time, completed in August 2013.
Undergraduate and taught postgraduate teaching commitments:
- Deputy Programme Lead, MSc in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 2014-2017.
- Module management Professional Spine (MSc, EPIB5030M, 15 credits), 2014-2017.
- Undergraduate Tutorials EPIB3035 Research Methods for Clinical Sciences (iBSc), MBChB Year 2 Research, Evaulation and Special Studies (RESS 2).
- Postgraduate Tutorials - EPIB5027M Advanced Epidemiology (MSc), 2014-2015.
- Course Materials I have produced tutorial materials and assessments in SPSS and Stata for the undergraduate intercalated BSc module EPIB3035 Research Methods for Clinical Sciences.