Summary: Cardiology, Medicines Optimisation, Pharmacy, Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure, Ischaemic Heart Disease, PCSK9 inhibitors and statin intolerance.
Location: The LIGHT
Dr Rani Khatib
Consultant Pharmacist in Cardiology and Cardiovascular Research.
Dr Khatib belongs to the Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine (LICAMM), Faculty of Medicine and Health. An Honorary Senior Lecturer with a wealth of teaching experience contributing to the education of doctors, pharmacists, nurses, midwives and other healthcare professionals at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
At Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, he leads on the cardiology medicines optimisation agenda across secondary and primary care pathways in Leeds. He is an independent prescriber with direct patient responsibility. He leads on the delivery of the following multidisciplinary medicines optimisation clinics:
- Post Myocardial Infarction Medicines Optimisation Clinics
- Heart Failure Virtual Medicines Optimisation Clinic
- Innovative Medicines Clinic - PCSK9 Inhibitors and statin intolerance
- Advanced Cardiology Medicines Optimisation Clinic
Rani is well published, holds several research grants, principal investigator and co-investigator of several trials with specific interest in medicine adherence and medicines optimisation in cardiology.
Professional Bodies Membership and Roles
- Member of the NICE Heart Failure Guideline Committee
- Fellow of Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- UK Clinical Pharmacy Association, Cardiology Group, Committee member
- Science Committee member at the European Society of Cardiology - Council on Cardiovascular Nursing and Allied Professions.
Earned multiple recognitions and awards for innovation and excellence in patient care. At the University of Bradford he is an Honorary Clinical Research Fellow.