Location: Baines Wing
Teaching Commitments: Zanib’s primary focus is on the Mental Health field of practice. However, she teaches undergraduates in years 1-3 on the following modules: • Ethics and Law • Theory and Practice 4 • Supervising dissertations • Link lecturer for clinical placements
Biography and Interests
Zanib is employed at the University of Leeds as a Mental Health Lecturer/Researcher. Prior to this she worked as a Mental Health Lecturer at the University of York. She has a long held interest in research on Offender Health, Substance Misuse and working with vulnerable and marginalized population groups namely South Asian groups which has reflected in her various clinical roles and research/academic studies. Her main focus is on safe practice, values based nursing and compassion and care for mental health nurses.
She has also worked for the NHS since qualifying as a registered mental health nurse in 1997, in a variety of different posts and settings: Acute In-patient, Substance Misuse Team, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Community Mental Health Team, Family Nurse Partnership RCT Research Program and as a Clinical Research Fellow based at HMP Leeds. In this post she was involved in 2 large scale studies:
· Assessing the risk of self-harm in an adult offender population: an incidence cohort study.
· Whether buprenorphine-naloxone has the potential to curb diversion of illicit opiates prescribed medication in the treatment setting.
Zanib is currently completing her PhD at Huddersfield University. Her research is a mixed methods design study which focusses on whether buprenorphine-naloxone has the potential to curb diversion of illicit opiates prescribed medication in the prison setting.
- MA Medical Ethics and Law, Keele University,
- PGCE/PCET Teaching, Huddersfield University
- PGCE Managing Change, University of Bradford
- RMN/Dip in Health Studies, University of Bradford
- Clinical Hypnotherapy, London College of Clinical Hypnosis
Zanib enjoys travelling, keeping fit and walks in the countryside. She particularly likes music and going to see bands play live.