Occurring annually on 20 May International Clinical Trials Day aims to raise awareness of clinical trials and to honour clinical research professionals.
Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) staff have been actively involved nationally and internationally in promoting the work of the CTRU in Leeds. Some examples of which are:
- On 20th May, Amanda Farrin & Michelle Collinson presented a pre-conference workshop Design & conduct of efficient, innovative pilot & feasibility studies for complex Interventions at the Society for Clinical Trials (SCT) conference in Portland, Oregon, USA.
- On 21st May, Amanda Farrin contributed to an invited session Designing trials within implementation laboratories at the SCT conference.
- On 22nd May, Michelle Collinson delivered an oral presentation 'Exploring the Hawthorne Effect using a Balanced Incomplete Block Design in the ASPIRE Cluster Randomised Controlled Trials' at the SCT conference.
- Our statisticians, methodologists and trial management teams got involved in the Association of Clinical Research Professionals 'We Are #clinicalresearchers' campaign.
- Myeloma UK recognised the hard work of the Myeloma UK Early Phase Clinical Trials Network team.