The Dental Research Ethics Committee (DREC) is chaired by Dr Julia Csikar, Co-Chair Dr Jinous Tahmassebi and Deputy Chair Dr Jianhua Wu. DREC meets on a monthly basis to review all postgraduate and staff non-NHS and educational research projects. Applications will be reviewed by the DREC Chair (or nominee) and a minimum of 2 members of DREC. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first serve basis, with the capacity to review 4 applications per meeting.
View the DREC submission deadlines and meeting dates for 2018. Completed applications should be sent to Julie McDermott for DREC review.
Click here for the University of Leeds Research Ethics Committee application form.
Quality of applications
Poor quality applications will be returned to the applicant and supervisor(s), where appropriate, for amendment prior to further review. The supervisor(s) will be responsible for ensuring that all of the issues are addressed and the application is of an expected standard prior to re-submission.
Guidance for applicants
Below you will find a selection of templates and examples of the forms you should be submitting with your application.
- University of Leeds Research Ethics Application form
- Participant information sheet template
- Consent form template
- Risk assessment template
- Lone working risk assessment template
- University of Leeds Research Ethics Committee application form
- Participant information sheet
- Consent form
- Introductory letter for questionnaire study
Tips for speeding up the review process
- Answer all of the questions in the application form
- Sign the form. Electronic signatures are acceptable
- If you are a student, one of your supervisors MUST check and sign the form prior to submission
- Remember to include any supporting documentation for your study i.e. protocol, participant information sheet(s), consent form(s), questionnaire(s), poster(s), email invitation(s) and ensure they have a version number and date
- Complete the applicant checklist