The ALPHA trial compares Alitretinoin and PUVA therapy in patients aged 18 years and over with severe hand eczema which is not controlled on a daily (regular) basis with prescription steroid creams.
- Did you see ALPHA featured in the Yorkshire Evening Post? Please see a link here tinyurl.com/le585m4
- Welcome to Coventry and Warwickshire who are now open to recruitment!
- We now have 120 participants randomised- congratulations to all teams!
- Our 100th participant has just been randomised! Thank you to all teams and participants.
- Welcome to Scarborough Hospital who are now open to recruitment!
BBC Look North (Yorkshire) features Dr Miriam Wittmann discussing the ALPHA trial - click the link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tqv2c) to watch the full programme. Here's a shortened version of the video on the BBC Look North face book page:
For earlier news feed items please go here.
Want to know more?
If you can't find a hospital near you, please keep checking regularly as more hospitals will be added as they are opened to recruitment.
Are you a hospital based clinician who would like to take part in the ALPHA trial?
Are you a research active GP practice? Would you like to refer patients with severe chronic hand eczema to a local ALPHA participating hospital?
If so, please contact Victoria Goss, Senior Trial Coordinator for more details:
Senior Trial Coordinator
Tel: 0113 343 4317
Hand eczema, hand dermatitis, clinical trial, ALPHA, research, Alitretinoin, PUVA, GP, NHS, NIHR HTA